For Nightcat - In Memoriam

Nightcat was a Lokean at heart, hence the fox.
May she be at peace.
Credit: Graphic made by me in Canva.

I'm still shocked at the news that a favorite YouTuber died suddenly on Saturday. I've enjoyed her polytheist content for a couple of years and became a member. There have been times when her channel was my spiritual home. She was unabashedly real about her beliefs and her struggles with mental illness, both of which I could relate to. But she also included fun gaming content and held a safe space for Lokeans, godspouses, and LGBTQ+ Pagans.  She was so welcoming to everyone who was kind and respectful.

I know that those who knew her personally are suffering more, but the closest word I have to describe what I'm feeling is grief. I know I'm not the only one if the comments on her channel and Discord are anything to go by. Rest in peace, Sweet Nightcat. You're in the arms of your beloved holy ones and ancestors now. Thank you for your honesty, food for thought, laughter, and the comfort you brought to my mind and heart.

Morgan announced her passing here. The name of her channel is Why So Sirius? A Lokean Channel.

I originally edited the following paragraph out because I thought it sounded silly. But screw it. Nightcat herself would've told me to be myself and cry if I need to. 

I can't get the song "My Church" by Maren Morris out of my head. I know that country music isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think anyone who experiences the holy powers outside of mainstream religion and finds a kindred spirit or two along the way will get it.

*This is a cross-post from Dreamwidth.

© Trish Deneen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual and Healing Properties of Smoky Quartz

How to Make a Gem Elixir

Walnut - Witchcraft Tree for Fertility Magic, Healing and Transitions