Metaphysical and Healing Properties of Amethyst

Amethyst cluster. Photo credit: Vidiaviola, Pixabay.


Physical Properties

Amethyst is a form of quartz crystal and ranges in color from lavender to deep purple. Mid to dark purple is the most common and is popular in jewelry, clusters, geodes, crystal wands and tumbled stones.

The Meditation and Spirituality Stone

Amethyst raises low vibratory levels to a higher rate, so is considered one of the most spiritual stones to work with. It's also an excellent stone for meditation to help take you to deeper levels.

One of the most intense experiences I've had with crystals was with amethyst when I first started doing crystal work. After grounding and centering, I laid down and placed a small tumbled amethyst stone on my third eye area on my forehead. I focused on my breathing and did my best to let go of all thoughts. Eventually, I almost started to nod off to sleep. I suddenly felt pressure in my third eye area and heard a sort of turning on mechanism as well as saw a purple light just in front of my eyes. I didn't receive any sort of message and to be honest I was so surprised that I started to bring myself out of this trance-like state. This hasn't happened since, though amethyst is always the stone that helps me reach the deepest meditative levels.

Experiment with this technique yourself and see what happens. Because amethyst allows one to go so deeply, it's helpful in transcending beyond everyday reality to understand more spiritual matters whether they're of a personal or universal nature. It's considered a deep soul stone, one that can aid in past life regression and exploring the soul's origins.

It helps connect the intellectual and spiritual bodies and balances all the levels including emotional and physical. Through this balance, you are able to see past the mundane and deal with people and situations from a spiritual level.

Stone of Peace and Tranquility

Amethyst promotes a deep peaceful state which is one reason it's so good for meditation. But this sense of calm and peace can be utilized for bringing tranquility into the home, office and relationships.

Place a cluster in the entryway to your home or other room where you feel will benefit most from de-stressing. You can also place small tumbled stones in corners to create a peace grid in a room or bury stones at the corners of your property.

Healing Properties

Because of its calm-inducing quality and the fact that it's purple, amethyst is used to treat stress, anxiety and depression.

It's excellent for headaches including migraines and be used for this by placing on the third eye or by taking a gem elixir. The elixir can also be used to integrate any of amethyst's other properties into your physical and subtle energy bodies.

Amethyst is also used to treat insomnia, arthritis and addictions. A popular combination is that of amethyst and rose quartz. The two complement each other beautifully in healing issues both physical and mental of the head and heart.

Disclaimer: This information isn't meant to replace the advice of your health professional.

Sources consulted:


*Note: This is one of my series on crystals previously published on Hubpages.

 © Trish Deneen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual and Healing Properties of Smoky Quartz

How to Make a Gem Elixir

Walnut - Witchcraft Tree for Fertility Magic, Healing and Transitions