Pagan Preppers and Homesteaders Short Link Roundup

Nasturtium, peppermint, and chamomile
 from my garden last year.

I've considered myself technically a prepper for over a decade, though admittedly on the smaller scale side of things. I also considered myself conservative for about 15 years before my former party nominated an orange mad man, but was slowly coming into the prepping mindset during the Bush 2 era.  I've just never fit into a box politically.  I think there've always been Pagan preppers from different political backgrounds.  It's just that liberals don't tend to do the chest-pounding and flag-waving that fits the prepping stereotype, so you may not hear about it so much.  

I've always thought there should be a marriage between elements of the more right-wing pro-gun and the left-wing herbal healing aspects of prepping culture.  Both sides are interested in homesteading.  I don't think I'm the only one who believes this, so prepping has become more quietly mainstream even with people who thought it was silly before.

If you're new and want info or to find others of like mind, here are a few sources to check out:

I'm sure there are many more, but this will get you started.  Feel free to post your favorite Pagan prepping or homesteading links in the comments.

Disclaimer:  Since we're so polarized culturally, I'm adding this disclaimer.  This post is not meant to imply that anyone I link to endorses me or my views and vice versa.  It's simply all about supporting the idea of pagans being involved in prepping.

© Trish Deneen  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual and Healing Properties of Smoky Quartz

How to Make a Gem Elixir

Walnut - Witchcraft Tree for Fertility Magic, Healing and Transitions