Good Yule Day #7: Journey With Skadi

 

Skadi Hunting in the Mountains Credit: Signed "H. L. M.", Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

On this Yule day, I've honored Skadi, a winter and hunting goddess. My time has been limited today, but I wanted to at least share with you some resources to learn more about Skadi, a goddess that I have a particular affinity to but am still building a relationship with. She's classified among the Aesir, but her heritage is actually that of a frost giantess. She was given status among the Aesir when she married Njord, a member of the Vanir, who was also given honorary status among the Aesir.

I've shared liquor, praise, and offered prayers to her and will do a journeying meditation this evening with her. Here are some of my favorite sources of info and insight:

  • Lady of the Mountain Hall:  A Skadi Devotional by Rev. Laura "Snow" Fuller of The Troth. You can read my review at Amazon.
  • Black Stone Sanctuary is the newest project by author and polytheistic monastic, Danica Swanson. I believe she started with Black Stone Hermitage which eventually morphed into Black Stone Abby. It was a planned project focused on Skadi that has been put on hold indefinitely. I look forward to seeing what she has in store for this new venture.
  • Info about the marriage of Njord and Skadi.
  • Skadi's shrine at Northern Tradition Paganism.
Happy Yule and Hail Skadi!

© Trish Deneen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual and Healing Properties of Smoky Quartz

How to Make a Gem Elixir

Walnut - Witchcraft Tree for Fertility Magic, Healing and Transitions